What is Shaken Baby Syndrome?

Each year in the United States alone, medical treatment is sought for an estimated 1,400-1,600 babies who have been shaken. Don’t let your child become just another statistic! Tell everyone who cares for your child “Never shake a baby!”

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Joseph "Billy" Williams


Joseph "Billy" Williams, was born August 5, 2001 into what seemed to be a loving family with a Mom, Dad and my big sister Annie, All seemed proud to have me in their life. My big sister couldn't wait for Mommy to come home with me and when we came home, My dad couldn't take me out of the car seat fast enough for her to hold me. My life changed just a few short weeks later... Both my Mommy and my Granny suspected something was wrong but I never bruised, I never lost conciseness. There was no tell signs that I was abused, then on Nov. 3rd 2001 my mommy was able to take me in to get looked at only to her surprise they found that I had 4 broken ribs that were almost healed and some brain trauma. This broke my mommy's and my Granny's heart. I still don't understand how my own Dad could have done this to me, he was supposed to protect me not hurt me. My mommy and Granny spent the next several years trying to help me through my physical challenges. I'm now nearly 8 and I'm doing things that the doctors said Id never be able to do. I can run, jump write my name, I can even play on the monkey bars now. My mommy and Granny are SO happy of my progress. My Dad never had any charges pressed against him, which I know upset my family but my Mommy made sure that he could never hurt me again or hurt my big sister. I never want any other family to have go through what my family when through, SO please I beg with you all Never hurt a child!

No comments: