What is Shaken Baby Syndrome?

Each year in the United States alone, medical treatment is sought for an estimated 1,400-1,600 babies who have been shaken. Don’t let your child become just another statistic! Tell everyone who cares for your child “Never shake a baby!”

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Coming Home - By Steffany DeWitt

Families, Friends, and Supporters

I wanted to take this time to let you all know what is going on with me. As I am very happy and believe strongly in this network, I am taking the time to step back from the network for a while due to things that are coming up in my life right now. As some of you may not know, my husband Michael is currently deployed to Afghanistan and has been gone since March of 2010. I have not seen him but all of two weeks in the past year. Although, the network is very important to me, I have decided to step back and take the time in welcoming home my husband and get our life back together as it was before. Michael and I were married in November of 2009, and were only able to spend 5 months together before he deployed. Before we were married, due to him being in the Army we were only physically together a week. Right now I believe I need to take the time and focus on my family. As the network is very important to me, my husband and son are the most important things in my life right now. I am very excited to finally get to welcome home my husband. I am not leaving the network permanently; I am just stepping away for some time.

Although a lot of work has been done and I have been grateful enough to help, I unfortunately will be unable to attend the candlelight vigil this year. I will miss meeting you all, but I will be there in spirit. I am so happy that I have been able to help out with funding this year to the vigil and hope to return soon so we can get working on next year’s vigil as well.

I want to thank all of you for opening your arms and hearts for letting me be apart of a wonderful family. We all have been there for each other through thick and thin and my return will be better than ever. Again, know I am not leaving forever, just stepping away to take time for my husband, our son and myself. I am very excited to see what our future brings and hope to return to the network better than ever.


Thank you everyone!!

Steffany DeWitt
Mother to Dominic DeWitt-SBS Survivor

No comments: