What is Shaken Baby Syndrome?

Each year in the United States alone, medical treatment is sought for an estimated 1,400-1,600 babies who have been shaken. Don’t let your child become just another statistic! Tell everyone who cares for your child “Never shake a baby!”

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Introducing MamaKim


Hello! Mama Kim here. I have been married to Denny for almost 26 yrs. We have 3 grown children Steffany, (twins) Denny Jr., and Dani. We have 1 grandson Dominic, and a new grandchild due in mid March!!
I was a cook for 20 yrs and now I am Assistant Office Manager of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles in Bowling Green, Ohio.
We became more familiar with SBS in March 2007 when our then 3 month old grandson Dominic was violently shaken by his biological father. He had a subdural hematoma, both retinas were hemorrhaged and he had 5 broken ribs in his back. In 2008 I was doing research on SBS because I wanted to understand more, when on MySpace I came across Rachel, her story and the story of little Kaleb. From there the rest is history.

No comments: