What is Shaken Baby Syndrome?

Each year in the United States alone, medical treatment is sought for an estimated 1,400-1,600 babies who have been shaken. Don’t let your child become just another statistic! Tell everyone who cares for your child “Never shake a baby!”

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hope for the future

I have many hopes for the future. For one day my son to be able to live a life where he is happy, and successful, however he determines that will be. The doctors have told me, that he will never be " a rocket scientist" but that we will teach him life skills so he can live on his own and have a productive life.

We will never know what Kyle could have or would have been, but he will be the best he can be, and we will be very happy that he is just even with us.

I hope he makes some friends, and we hope that he will find good people for his life as he grows, people that love him for who he is and are true friends.

I also have very high hopes for the future regarding Shaken Baby Syndrome. I hope that thru the work of many many dedicated people and organizations, that we see a decline in the number of babies that are killed or injured.

I hope to someday not hear a heart wretching story about another family that has to be on this journey. I know SBS will always exist, I only hope that we hear more about education and prevention and less about it happening to our babies.

~ Tara

No comments: