What is Shaken Baby Syndrome?

Each year in the United States alone, medical treatment is sought for an estimated 1,400-1,600 babies who have been shaken. Don’t let your child become just another statistic! Tell everyone who cares for your child “Never shake a baby!”

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blog from Trevors mom

Hey guys I just wanted to let ya'll know that I went and saw Trevor this weekend (no news on the big C scare yet) and he was sooo funny. Taylor and I went tio the nusing home to visit and she lookeds at his finger and toe nails and thought that he needed some grooming. I had her go and get some nail clippers from the nurses station. Well I woke him up. Don't you know ... he rolled his eyes at me. Hump the nerve of me I woke him up. Well sorry Trev, Mommy is here to visit let me see the eyes. Well I went and started to cut the finger nails and got to the last finger where he had the pulsox tape on and ok I needed his nail so I untaped it, don't you know bells and whistles ... 2/3 nurses come running in. I told them just cutting his nails so they leftme alone and let it go. Don't you know that it took me 45 minutes to get the darn little thing to start reading right again since his fingers are so darn cold and skinny. CRAZY. I couldn't even tell you how many times I had Taylor hit the mute button. Well it was feet time. I went and pushed his pillow shoes back and his little legs just went flailing, (must have been ticklish), I joking told Taylor to sit on Trev so that I could get his toes done and she said "no mom, his brains is already scrambled up." I didn't want to get mad at her or cry so I let it go and told her no and said "No, on his legs" she said "I will break his legs", "but hsi one leg is all metal he will be all good." we both had a chuckle and she went and brushed his crazy hair while I continued to work. She looked at his nails adn said, "they're alive run for your life befiore they eat us." It was a laugh riot. His toesnails were really yucky and he does need to see a podiatrist but anyway. he just kept back moving his foot. I showed Taylor that he had tickley feet. .... So to the end of the visit. (The really funny part) We went to leave and I went to tell him bye and give him a kiss and he gave me a grone like a growl, then Taylor kissed him and nothing, she kissed him again, and nothing again, then she gave him a big time kissey face barrage a kisses and still nothing. that does it. My son growls at me and does nothing to his sister. Well I giess no matter how handicapped kids may be. They still give their parents an attitude when they become a teenager. AAAAAHHHH! thought you would like to hear an uplifting story. It was a laugh riot to my therapist this morning. But I thought mom's of survivors would really get a kick out of it.

Lots of love.
Trevor's mom
Abigail Cameron

No comments: